Wednesday 19 March 2008

Straighten that Horizon (PT 1)

Well here we go with our first attempt at a video tutorial post. In the first video I show how to straighten a wonky horizon in Photoshop CS3 and in the second (coming soon) will show how to do the same in Camera Raw and Lightroom, currently my preferred way of sorting out a wonky horizon.




As you are probably aware I prefer to get things right in camera rather than fixing them later. Most of the time when shooting landscapes and wildlife I have a bubble level in the hotshoe. This isn't so easy to use when shooting action or dangleing from a rope but I am loving the virtual horizon in the D3 and D300. With one press of a button I can see in the viewfinder if the camera is tilted and which way I need to rotate it to get it straight. Awesome...

No comments: